Going forward, there is no need for any specific knowledge of batteries or their charging methods; CTEK’s Multi US 7002 will take care of that. Once you switched to the preferred mode, the charger takes its own readings and then begins to charge the battery in 8 steps.
Charging and Maintenance Options
- Desulphation, allowing for possible reconditioning of batteries that have lost power due nonuse.; Soft Start, which charges until the battery’s terminal voltage has risen to a preset level;
- Bulk, in which primary charging to approximately 80% occurs;
- Absorption, a final charging stage where voltage is kept at a preset level; Analysis, during which charging a suspended and voltage measured;
- Recondition, where the battery is fed a constant current of 1.5A and maximum voltage of 15.7V;
- Float, during which constant voltage is maintained; and finally
- Pulse/Maintenance Charging, in which the battery receives a pulse of electricity when the voltage drops below 95%, keeping the battery in perfect condition indefinitely when it is not used.
The Multi US 7002 is also perfectly suited for Optima Yellow Top batteries and can also be connected for months, which is ideal for seasonal vehicles.