Launch and retrieve massive 16″ family-size pizzas with ease! The lightweight Ooni 16″ Pizza Peel has a super-smooth surface that will make getting your pizzas in and out of your Ooni pizza oven as easy as pie.
The completely even, level surface makes this peel all-purpose – prep, slide, turn and retrieve like pro. The blade is constructed of lightweight aluminium, and the handle is made of glass-reinforced nylon.
Note: the Ooni 16″ Pizza Peel is only compatible with Ooni Pro 16 (without Pizza Door attached), Ooni Koda 16 and Ooni Karu 16.
Relevant dimensions for the peel include:
- Unboxed dimensions: 29.9 x 15.7 x 1.1″ (76 x 40 x 3cm)
- Unboxed weight: 1.8lbs (0.85kg)
- Boxed dimensions: 30.3 x 16.9 x 1.5″ (76 x 42 x 3cm)
- Boxed weight: 3.5lbs (1.5kg)
Cook Time: 1 minute
The classic Margherita Pizza is a simple yet delicious recipe; the perfect starting point if you’re new to the world of pizza making. Creamy mozzarella and delicious, homemade pizza sauce are a match made in heaven – master it with Ooni!
Makes 1x 12″/16″ pizza
- 8.8/11.6oz (250/330g) classic pizza dough ball
- 4 tbsp Classic Pizza Sauce (see note below)
- 2oz (56.6g) mozzarella, torn into pieces
- Prepare your pizza dough ahead of time. Our guide to making the perfect Classic Pizza Dough covers everything you need to know.
- For the sauce for this pizza, we recommend preparing our easy Classic Pizza Sauce. With a hint of garlic, salt and basil, it’s the ideal pizza sauce that will help to bring out the flavors in the other ingredients used here
- Fire up your Ooni pizza oven. Aim for 932˚F (500˚C) on the stone baking board inside. You can check the temperature inside your oven quickly and easily using the Ooni Infrared Thermometer.
- Using a small amount of flour, dust your Ooni pizza peel. Stretch the pizza dough ball out to 12″/16″ and lay it out on your pizza peel. Top with the mozzarella.
- Slide the pizza off the peel and into your Ooni pizza oven, making sure to rotate the pizza regularly.
- Once cooked, remove the pizza from the oven and top with whole, fresh basil leaves. Serve immediately.