Pizza fans all over the world know it’s all about that base… and this baking board allows you to create brilliant pizza with ease. All Ooni pizza ovens come with baking stone as a standard. If you don’t have an Ooni pizza oven, you can still buy our high quality cordierite stone baking board separately for use in your domestic oven.
The size of the stone is 336 x 342 x 10mm (13.2 x 13.5 x 0.4″). It is made of solid cordierite stone, which is extremely durable and made to last
This product works with Ooni Fyra 12, Ooni Koda 12, Ooni 3, Uuni 2S and Uuni 2.
Quick Pizza Dough
Serves 4 and takes 60 minutes to prepare.
Dough that takes under an hour from mixing to baking! For the process to work it is key to have a warm place to allow the dough to rest, or using another method as outlined in the recipe. Ideal resting temperature should be 75°F (24°C) or above.
It’s a fairly wet dough so it’s essential to have some dusting flour to prevent the dough from sticking. We don’t recommend using a rolling pin as it knocks a lot of air out, so learn how to hand-stretch your dough balls like a pro.
Makes 5 x 250g dough balls or 4 x 330g dough balls.
- 17oz (480g) warm water (40-50c)
- 1 tbsp (15g) active dried yeast/ 10g instant dried yeast/ 30g fresh yeast
- 26.5oz (750g) strong bread flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 3.5oz (100g) semolina or rice flour for dusting
- Place 3 heaped tablespoons of strong bread flour and whisk into warm water. Once whisked, add the yeast and whisk again. Leave in a warm place for around 5 minutes until the mixture is frothy.
- In a large bowl, add half the flour, plus the yeast mixture and mix well. Add the salt and remaining flour to the mix. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 8-10 minutes. Drizzle the bottom of the bowl with olive oil, place the dough ball back in the bowl, drizzle oil on top.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave in the sun or another warm place for 20-30 mins, or until the dough has doubled in size (whichever comes first). Alternatively, you can put warm water in an empty proving tub, put the dough in another proving tub and sit the dough proving tub over the proving tub filled with water.
- Divide the bulk-proofed dough into 5x250g balls, or 4x330g balls. Ball up the dough, ensuring the tops of the balls are smooth. You can find out how to do so here. Brush with olive oil or warm water, cover with plastic wrap and leave somewhere warm for 15-20 mins, or until doubled in size.
- While the dough balls are resting, fire up your Ooni pizza oven, set up your ingredients, and get ready for a pizza the action!